Thursday, July 5, 2007

The Blogger Virgin Arrives

So ... this is my blog! In all likelihood, no-one other than Michelle (my wife) and possibly one or two of my friends will ever read this. Nevertheless, I've been contemplating a blog for a while now, if for no other reason than to get stuff off my chest.

Before I go any further, I have to give a nod of thanks to local running sensation, Jim Finlayson. Those of you who followed "The Finn Files" here on Blogger will have already picked up on the similarity in format of names between his blog and mine. I liked the idea so much, I felt compelled to copy it. They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery...

Today was my day off. I haven't had a really busy day, which represents a change for me. I tumbled out of bed at around 8 this AM, had some coffee and breakfast with Michelle, then went for a nice 13K run out to the end of the breakwater and back home. I got back from the run with just enough time for a quick shower, then back out the door to catch a bus to
Canadian Blood Services for my bi-monthly donation. (I learned a valuable lesson today - book early, show up on time, and get done in about an hour!) I was home from the clinic by about 1:15 or so, and since then, I've been trying to relax. Most of the time, I struggle with the very concept of relaxation. I tend to spend my time away from work looking for chores to do, or running, or sometimes both at the same time! The idea of "just doing nothing" is so foreign to me that I can't even seem to unwind enough to go to sleep unless I'm completely exhausted. Perhaps this blog will teach me how to relax more - barring that, it may provide enough of a distraction to keep me from focusing too much on chores! In either case, only time will tell.

More to follow...thanx for reading.

Scott

No comments: