Wednesday, July 18, 2007

In the blink of an eye...

... or so it seems! I can't believe that an entire week has slipped past me since the last post. The days tend to run together sometimes ... maybe it's a sign of aging, or maybe I just don't pay enough attention to the passage of days. Whatever the case, suffice it to say (redundantly so) that a whole week has passed. Lemme hit the highlights...
  • I managed to get in a few interesting runs last week, including one bike/run combo - that one was quite the eye-opener for me! I learned very quickly that I'll have to practice the transition from bike to run many times over if I'm ever going to attempt a tri-athalon (assuming of course that I figure out how to use my arms and legs at the same time while swimming!)
  • Monday and Tuesday of this week, I had a couple of nice relaxing runs - Monday was 14 km along the water, and yesterday was about 6.5 km out and back on the Goose. Today is a rest day in prep for tomorrow's long haul - 30 km out to Sidney along the Lochside trail. I'll be posting details following.
  • Work-wise, I've been doing OK this past week ... Friday's "marathon" on the route 6 wasn't quite as bad as the previous couple of weeks have been, although I did spend about 3 hours running late...par for the course, I guess. I managed to get a couple of easy short pieces on Saturday and Sunday, then a repeat of last Monday's work on the route 8. Yesterday was a very easy piece, with a short 15 minute split.
  • Today is a long one - 4 hours this AM on the route 11, followed by 5.5 hours this PM on the route 75. On the plus side, it pays lots of OT. On the downside, I had to get my ass out of bed this morning at the ungodly hour of 5:15, and I won't be done work until 7:00 tonight. Ok, Ok .. I'll stop whining now.

I just checked my watch and realized that I have to be at work in just under an hour ... I better quit now so I can get there on time. As always, I appreciate anyone who has taken the time out of their day to pay me a visit. Thanx a whole bunch!

No comments: