Monday, July 9, 2007

Just a few words...just because.

How time flies!! It's been a couple of days already since my last post... where does the time go? I've had two decent running workouts, and a couple of easy days of work, too. Today's work was easy, I guess, but it felt really long. I spent just over 8 hours driving the route 8 (again). I have discovered that too much of a good thing spells boredom when applied to driving a bus. Enough about that!

On the plus side, Michelle came for ride on my bus today - it was a nice distraction to have her there. She visited a couple of malls in the process, managed to do a wee bit o' shopping, and apparently enjoyed the trip. She even brought me a nice cool drink to enjoy while driving (no - not that kind of drink!)

This morning's run was a nice relaxed 13K jaunt out to the end of the breakwater and back. It's a route I do regularly, and is likely one of the prettiest runs in my repertoire. This morning, the water was almost dead calm, without a cloud in the sky - sometimes the scenery is distracting from the task at hand! I ignored pace today and tried for a low heart rate - I was only partially successful. It would appear that I haven't fully recovered from last Sunday's 10K race. (If you're interested, dear reader, check out the results here.)

After dinner, Michelle and I went for a short walk to escape the sauna that is our apartment this evening ... a little breeze would be lovely, thank you very much. The trick is to keep the windows open without letting the cats test the breaking strength of our screens! Nine lives or not, 6 stories of free fall isn't my idea of taking good care of our fantastic felines!

That's all for tonight ... tomorrow is a scheduled rest day (no run) and I ended up getting a really late shift at work tomorrow night. Oh well - at least I can sleep in without guilt and can spend some quality time with Michelle tomorrow morning. Until next time...

No comments: